The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Responsible for daily cash/wire deposits and postings to General Ledger. In additional, to other accounting billing and cash disbursements functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all accounting activities related to the bank treasury products as assigned, including daily and month end journal entries
- Deposits checks, cash and process credit card transactions.
- Maintenance of departmental procedures, supporting monthly accounting close, researching and implementing accounting for new products, and assisting with ad hoc requests.
- Manage commercial banking relationships.
- Manage service recipient consumer accounts.
- Monthly contributions reconciliation with the Development department and other departmental cash/wires received and/or receivables.
- Adhere to department current procedures and enforcing all controls as outlined in policy manual.
- Record monthly credit card activity in the general ledger.
- Work with Payroll department one day weekly to generate Payroll related reports.
- Support the Finance department as needed or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Finance.
Engage with finance and program staff to establish a professional relationship at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable processing and procedures with strong attention to details.
- Ability to manage large volume of transactions with little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in dealing with agency staff and outside parties.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work assignments.
- Monitor and resolve all discrepancies between billing and cash receipts.
- Strong computer skills including working with client management databases, Access, and various billing and accounting systems.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required and familiarity with but not limited to PIVOT tables and VLOOKUP functions.
- Associate Degree in Accounting preferred.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, tuition reimbursement program and much more.
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.