The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic Support Planning Specialist who will serve as a recruiter to support the Community Services program, and reports to the Community Services Director. The ideal candidate will have experience in recruiting and/or Human Resources and/or Human Services, with knowledge of sourcing, screening, interviewing and hiring practices. The position will reside in the Bronx, NY office.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment including performing reference checks and onboarding.
- Post jobs internally and externally on career websites, social media and other sources.
- Schedule and coordinate open houses in various locations.
- Ability to provide an efficient and rewarding experience for every candidate from application stage to offer phase.
- Pre-screen candidates for qualifications and interest, while ensuring consistency in the selection process.
- Develop strong working relationships with supervisors and assist with their hiring needs.
- Manage the development and implementation of recruiting processes and procedures related to meet organizational needs and ensure compliance with the Federal and State laws.
- Build talent networks and candidate pipelines in key areas across the agency, developing relationships and tapping industry sources to develop robust talent pools.
- Attend career fairs, college recruiting events, and other networking events that ensure the proper outreach goals are being met while building working relationships with talent recruitment sources in the industry.
- Build effective recruiting strategies to attract qualified talent.
- Manage software applications including Deputy scheduling tool.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Associate degree or equivalent credits towards a BA from an accredited institution is required. Minimum of 2 years’ experience with recruiting or direct human services experience.
- Experience supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities is a strong plus.
- Strong relationship management and the ability to build relationships.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to all five boroughs including Nassau and Suffolk County.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plan and much more.
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.