We are currently seeking a qualified Trainer to meet the training needs of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for talent development, and possess the ability to train and coach a diverse population.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Travel to multiple sites throughout the state of New York & New Jersey to facilitate New Employee Orientation for new employees and train employees on various other mandated and best practice trainings per agency need
- Primary responsibility is classroom instruction
- Teach using Adult Learning Theory and instructional design principles
- Assist with relevant curricula development and provide additional instruction for relevant staff as identified or as needed.
- Participate in new initiative trainings and special training projects as developed.
- Assist in Identify and assessing training needs within the company
- Pre-organize training materials handouts, electronic equipment to be presented/used.
- Participate in distribution of and electronic record keeping of learner verification of training and certification, as directed by Management
- Schedule training session and facilities for internal and external trainings as directed by Management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or degree in Health or Human Services required
- Prior experience as instructor and instructor certification in mandated agency training courses (e.g., CPR, SCIP-R, highly desired.
- Must have knowledge and experience working with individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
- Excellent oral presentation and facilitation skills and a sound understanding of positive coaching techniques.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including but not limited to Excel and PowerPoint.
- Analytical skills to uncover root cause and assist with development of improvement initiatives.
- Strong project management, excellent time management skills and must be detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to conduct multiple tasks effectively and efficiently and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves or transports training items weighing up to 20 pounds
Please send your resume to Fatima Nunez at Fnunez@cfsny.org.