The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
In addition to carrying out all of the responsibilities of the Direct Support Professional which includes providing protective oversight to consumers, developing independent living skills and promoting choice, this position is responsible for scheduling, tracking and documenting all medical appointments, as well as scheduling all labs and required tests. Responsible for obtaining all test results. Ensure that all medications are ordered in a timely fashion, stored appropriately and discontinued and discarded according to agency policy and procedures. Will ensure that all documentation is completed and maintain good communication with the Residence Manager and the Nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Must fill all the requirements of the Direct Support Professional position including, but not limited to, working at developing independent living skills, administering medications, promoting opportunities for choice, participating in recreation activities, and any other tasks required to ensure the safety and well-being of the consumers.
- Will be responsible for documenting all paperwork required, including incident reports, log entries and Res. Hab. progress notes when appropriate.
- Will track all medical appointments and follow-up appointments and document in tracking forms.
- Will track all lab tests, as well as other tests and ensure correct documentation in medical tracking log.
- Will document all consults, refusals and MD recommendations appropriately.
- Will ensure that medication inventories are completed at least weekly, ad will order new medication as prescribed, in a timely manner, and maintain the medication storage area in accordance with regulations.
- Identify medication errors and communicate the errors to the nurse and manager effectively.
- Will communicate with the nurse and manager via a Medical Communication Log.
Education and Experience Requirements
- NYS Driver license
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1 year of HHA, CNA experience a plus
- 2 years of Direct Support Professional experience a plus
$17.50 p/hour. We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, tuition reimbursement program and much more.
To Apply For This Position
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.