The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
The maintenance worker is responsible for ensuring that the grounds of all CFS residences are kept in a clean and sanitary condition. Maintenance worker will be fixing electrical issues, plumbing, sheet rock and dry walling when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all common areas
- Responsible for fixing any safety hazard
- Responsible for putting together furniture and other equipment
- Responsible for installing appliances and machinery
- Responsible for liaising with contractors and other workers
- Responsible for completing light painting job when needed
- Must be able to travel and work in all Five NYC boroughs
- Must be able to utilize and maintain power tools
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
- Provide other services as requested by Residential Director and Ads.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields
- Familiarity with hand-held tools and equipment
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle physical workload
- High School Diploma or GED
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, tuition reimbursement program and much more.
To Apply for This Position
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.