Responsible for various administrative support for Benefits and Entitlements programs. The position is for 20 hours per week (Bronx or Manhattan location).
The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support for Benefits and Entitlements programs including SNAP, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare etc.
- Complete and send applications or other documents to Human Resource Administration, SNAP and/or Social Security and other government agencies.
- Follow up with various government agencies regarding the status of applications or renewals that have been submitted.
- Update entitlements database with information on status of client’s benefits.
- Administrative support for client accounts including saving/checking, ABLE accounts, special needs trust.
- Administrative tasks include filing, typing, copying, scanning, sorting, reviewing, and distributing benefits and banking documents.
- Other duties as assigned by Benefits and Entitlements Specialist.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate Degree required.
- Minimum of two years employment experience in an administrative role.
- Benefits and Entitlements benefits experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including being proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, Access & Teams).
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity in dealing with confidential information; ability to work independently and execute sound reasoning and judgment.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- $22 / hour
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To Apply for This Position
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org