The Center for Family Support Inc. is looking a General Maintenance Worker who will perform general property maintenance, renovations, and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating, and cooling, within the residential group homes.
The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Fixing any safety hazards.
- Putting together furniture and other equipment
- Installing appliances and equipment.
- Inspect and troubleshoot appliances and equipment.
- Repair broken locks.
- Minor Electrical – light bulbs, fixtures, outlets, and receptacles.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Minor Painting – plaster, peeling paint, assist with empty room turnover ETC.
- Minor Carpentry – Doors, windows, framing and molding ETC.
- Minor Plumbing – Replacing toilet, sinks, vanities, and shower fixtures ETC.
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations.
- Liaising with contractors and other workers.
- Perform Safety Site Inspections.
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Physically capable of moving equipment (able to lift 50lbs or more)
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What we offer
A suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement program, Paid time off.
Salary range is $47,000 – $50,000
Those interested, please send resume and cover letter to Kim Ellis-Maitland at KMaitland@cfsny.org