The Assistant Residence Manager will assist the Residence Manager in overseeing the daily operation of the assigned residence; including providing direct supervision of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs); ensuring individuals receive quality supports; managing budget and overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations/systems critical to the smooth running of the program.
The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
- Responsible for coordinating, implementing and evaluating individual program plans and maintaining records.
- Hire, train and supervise DSPs in completion of job responsibilities.
- Responsible for assisting in the orientation and evaluation of residential staff. (i.e., progressive discipline and staff development) as well as securing records confidentially.
- Responsible for the implementation of all policies, procedures and programs of the facility and CFS in accordance with OPWDD regulations and guidelines.
- Attend, participate and monitor/review all team meeting, including Interdisciplinary, Individual Service Plan and clinical meetings as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Attend and participate in agency standing committee meetings, training and assigned activities outside of the residence as needed.
- Ensure timely submission of required paperwork including payroll, Res Hab, Incident Reports/Investigations, etc.
- Ensure residence physical plant is maintained and meets regulatory requirements.
- Must complete and ensure that all staff complete mandatory training (i.e., SCIP, AMAP, CPR/First Aid, Corporate Compliance, Choking Prevention, etc.) in a timely manner
- Models and performs all aspects of participants’ program plans and ensures staff understands and implement each individual’s plan as written.
- Is on call to respond and address emergencies, including incidents, safety hazards and staffing issues.
- Facilitates communication with the day programs and related work sites to enhance comprehensive case management.
- Reviews documents on Therap, including checklists, t-logs and medical information on a daily basis and addresses problems as they arise.
- Conduct record reviews in order to ensure compliance and identify potential problems to be resolved. Communicate information to relevant parties, including the Manager, Assistant Director, Director, MSC, Behavior Specialist, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with family members/advocates of the individuals and address concerns as they arise.
- Work schedule and location are subject to change based on the needs of the department.
- Perform other related duties assigned by your supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Health and Human Services or related field is required.
- Minimum of two years-experience in the field of Developmental Disabilities with, at least, one-year experience in program supervision is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We offer a competitive suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, tuition reimbursement program and much more.
$42,500 – $45,000
Please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to: email@example.com