Job Summary: The Director of Residential Services will oversee the total daily operations of the residential department. The Director will develop, organize, administer, and coordinate the following functions: program oversight and expansion, department strategic planning, staff hiring, development and deployment, budget management, and communication with service recipients and family members.
- Oversees the operations of all residences in accordance with agency policies and procedures and ensures compliance with OPWDD regulations.
- Plans and develops new and innovative residential models and service initiatives to meet the needs of services recipient.
- Establishes policies and procedure for the department to ensure compliance with regulations governing residential programs.
- Plans and manages department budget to ensure the fiscal integrity of the program.
- Administers the intake and discharge planning process for the department consistent with agency policies and governmental regulations.
- Oversees the system of hiring, supervising, and supporting residential staff to make certain programs are adequately staffed with qualified, trained personnel. Identifies staff training and development needs of the department in concert with departmental heads.
- Develop training programs to provide staff with support and resources necessary for them to carry out their responsibilities.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Master’s degree strongly preferred. 10 years in the field of Developmental Disabilities and substantial (a minimum of five years) management experience in residential operations. Knowledge of residential services program management, systems development, program development, strategic planning and budget management.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send your resume to Barbara Greenwald at BGreenwald@cfsny.org.APPLY FOR THIS POSITION