Do you want to make a difference in someone’s life?
It takes a truly special person to be a great Direct Support Professional: you should be passionate about helping others, dedicated to protecting a person’s rights, and—most of all—willing to offer true, genuine support, through good times, bad times, laughter, and shared experiences. Far too many developmentally disabled individuals are held back by the lack of a solid support system, and as a DSP, you can change that.
We are looking for DSPs to join our growing team at The Center for Family Support (CFS) has been providing services to individuals with intellectual disabilities in New Jersey for over twenty years. We are seeking Direct Support Professionals to work within the 5 boroughs of New York City. Positions are available in our Residential and Community programs. The ideal job candidate will be highly dependable and have a passion for helping those with physical and/or intellectual disabilities live a more fulfilled and rewarding life.
As a Direct Support Professional, no two days are totally alike. But each day is sure to include the following:
- Help the people we support to have meaningful lives, listen to their dreams, and help them learn skills to live the lives they choose.
- Encourage each individual to tell us what is important to them and important for them. Involve them in activities that match their interests, goals and dreams for the future.
- Assist individuals we support learn how to develop and maintain positive relationships with people in their community.
- Respect the rights of the people we support and teach them to advocate for themselves.
- Use our person-centered philosophy throughout the day. Use each moment as a teachable moment.
- Get to know the individual by listening and observing what is important to him or her.
- Show a positive attitude toward work and others.
- Protect the health of the people you support. This may include giving medication, following doctor’s orders, going on medical appointments and/or seeking emergency medical care when necessary.
- Keeping the people, you support safe at all times by providing the level of supervision described in the person’s service plan.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license – No provisional licenses
- Prior experience in this field is preferred, but if you have some background in healthcare or human services is a plus.
Full Time Benefits:
Full-time regular employees who work thirty (30) hours or more per week are eligible for medical, dental, vision life Insurance, 401K Plan, tuition reimbursement program, and much more.
Job types: Full-Time
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working for an agency that cares about its employees and working with employees who are dedicated and committed to our mission, please submit your Resume and cover letter for consideration to email@example.com
The Center for Family Support (CFS) mission is to provide support and assistance to individuals with developmental and related disabilities. We are the first agency in New York to achieve the Council on Quality and Leadership Certification (CQL). By achieving this certification, it shows our commitment and dedication to creating services that enhance and improve the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.