Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Controller is responsible for providing oversight of financial, accounting and reporting activities. The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a team of twelve staff members with functional responsibility over all accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and grants administration.
This position is responsible for monthly financial statements, annual financial audit, single audit (Uniform Guidance), program audits, management reporting and grant reporting. The Controller will ensure appropriate systems and procedures are in place to support effective program implementation and work closely with program leaders and staff to support program operations.
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred or Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Four-to-six years accounting experience
- Three years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Proficiency in MS Excel and accounting software
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Some knowledge in Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) particularly with Financial Accounting Standards Board, Accounting Standards Codification 958 (Not-for-Profit Entities)
- Financial leadership experience required. Capable of effectively making decisions.
- Strong business acumen and experience in assessing operations, business processes, and their relationship to accounting and reporting.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and policies to specific situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate accounting and financial data.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Ability to train and direct employees under supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of NYS regulations for Office of People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) is a plus.
- Experience with Fund EZ software a plus.
- Experience with Medicaid and insurance industry programs
- Experience with accounting and reporting for governmental grants and contracts
- Experience with nonprofit accounting and related systems
Please submit updated resume to Chris Zuniga, Director of Finance at CZuniga@cfsny.orgAPPLY FOR THIS POSITION